Michigan Kindergartner brought tequila margaritas served to students


Parents were upset after a kindergartner brought a tequila drink to school and several students drank it (Pictures: Getty Images)

Several kindergartners accidentally drank tequila during snack time and were feeling ‘woozy’ and ‘dizzy’.

One of the students at Grand River Academy Livonia in Michigan brought a bottle of Jose Cuervo margaritas in her backpack, according to Fox 2 Detroit. A few students drank the mixed tequila drink from Dixie cups.

‘She felt woozy, a little dizzy,’ one parent, Dominique Zanders, said of her daughter who tried the drink.

‘The girl poured it in her cup and she drank it and the girl ended up telling her what it is, and she went and told the teacher there is liquor in this cup, and the teacher gave her a funny face.’

Another parent, Alexis Smith, said the girl who brought the tequila drink to class was aware of what she had done.

‘I had a small conversation with my daughter – nothing big – and she told me the girl knew it was liquor,’ Smith said.

The parents directed their anger at Grand River Academy.

‘I’m not sure if they are short-staffed or whatever, it shouldn’t have happened,’ Zanders said.

School officials said they called poison control for advice on next steps.

The school stated: ‘While we try to keep an eye on everything our students bring to school, that’s simply not possible. It’s unfortunate that these types of adult beverages can be easily mistaken for child-friendly drinks.’

Both Smith and Zanders said the parents of the child who brought the drink to school should be punished.

‘If your child knows what it is, nothing wrong with it – but they should know not to touch it,’ Smith said. ‘That it’s not for kids.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Publisher

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Posts