BRITS complain about feeling tired an average of three times a day, a study has found.
That means they moan a whopping 1,095 times a year about needing more time in bed.
A sleepy nine in 10 Brits have made a mistake due to being tired including muddling up words and tripping over, the study foundCredit: Getty
The study also found a sleepy nine in 10 have made a mistake due to being tired including muddling up words and tripping over.
And tiredness seems to equal forgetfulness, with many struggling to remember why they walked into a room or even what day it is.
Other mistakes in the top 30 list were missing appointments, putting cereal in the fridge and bunging milk in the cupboard.
And while not asleep at the wheel, leaving your car keys in the car ranked high to.
Brits also feel they need seven hours of sleep to avoid suffering from tiredness and believe they waste three hours a day due to not feeling fully awake.
After a poor night’s kip, 38 per cent have slept through their alarm, while 35 per cent have cancelled social plans because they’re so knackered.
The research found 2:32pm is the time of day the most mistakes are likely to be made while 10:18am is when people feel most alert.
And after a long week – Friday is the day Brits believe they’ll make the most-sleepy mishaps.
With the clocks going forward this weekend, a fifth of adults believe they’ll feel tired, while 15 per cent even expect to experience confusion.
The study of 2,000 British adults by OnePoll was commissioned by Lucozade Alert.
Zoe Trimble, spokesperson for Lucozade Alert, said: “When we’re tired, we’ve all forgotten why we’ve walked into rooms, where we’ve placed our keys, or thought of the perfect comeback way too late. The brain fog is real.”
SLEEP ON IT
TOP 30 MISTAKES BRITS MAKE AS A RESULT OF BEING TIRED
1. Forgotten why you walked into the room
2. Muddled up your words
3. Forgotten why you walked up the stairs
4. Forgotten someone’s name
5. Mixed up the days of the week
6. Forgotten to defrost food for that night’s dinner/evening meal
7. Tripped over
8. Forgotten to take the washing out of the washing machine
9. Put clothes on backwards/ inside out
10. Forgotten food was in the oven and it burnt
11. Sent a text to the incorrect person
12. Left your lunch at home on a workday
13. Forgotten a route when driving or taken a wrong turn
14. Thought of a comeback too late
15. Missed an appointment
16. Left your house keys in the front door
17. Forgotten your house keys
18. Sent an email to the incorrect person
19. Used the wrong measurements of ingredients when cooking
20. Accidentally liked a social media post
21. Forgotten what month it was
22. Forgotten what year it was
23. Put the cereal in the fridge and milk in the cupboard
24. Bumped your car when driving
25. Forgotten why your phoned someone when they answered
26. Forgotten our car keys
27. Forgotten your own personal details e.g. date of birth
28. Missed a deadline at work/college/school
29. Left your car keys in the car
30. Messed up on a work call / pitch