Strictly Come Dancing’s Aljaž Škorjanec had doubts about quitting


Aljaz shared the news on Monday morning (Picture: Getty)

Strictly Come Dancing’s Aljaž Škorjanec was reportedly ‘on the fence’ over his decision to leave the hit series.

The 32-year-old professional confirmed his departure on social media on Monday morning and hailed his time on the show as ‘life-changing’.

Although Aljaz stressed in his statement that making the decision was ‘tough,’ according to reports the star was hesitant to say goodbye to the Strictly dance floor.

‘Aljaz had been on the fence about whether to stay on the show but has decided to go on and try different things,’ a source told the Daily Mail.

Aljaz sent a special shout-out to his former dance partners and his wife and It Takes Two presenter Janette Manrara.

‘I have lots of exciting stuff planned that I will fill you in on soon. I can’t wait to see what the future holds!’ he said.

‘KEEEEEP DANCING!’ he added.


Aljaz Skorjanec and Abbey Clancy performing during rehearsals for the BBC

Aljaz made his Strictly debut in 2013 with model Abbey Clancy (Picture: BBC)


Aljaž Škorjanec

Fans were gutted to learn Aljaz was leaving the show (Picture: BBC)

Gutted fans and fellow co-stars reacted to the shocking news, as devoted viewers shared a string of crying gifs on Twitter.

Strictly newcomer Kai Widdrington wrote: ‘You will be missed brother, so happy I got to share the strictly floor with you ❤️🙏🏻.’

Professional dancer Amy Dowden added: ‘Ali Ali Ali, you have no idea how much you are going to be missed by everyone! Your charm, energy, smile and most of all kindness! 😢! Lots of love Ali always! ( I’m still calling for you to carry me btw 😂❤️💖).

Following his announcement, BBC Strictly wrote on Twitter that they are ‘sad to be saying goodbye’ but wish him well for his next chapter.

Aljaz isn’t the only Strictly star that has bid farewell to the show, as Oti Mabuse also confirmed her exit last month after seven years and two consecutive wins.

While Janette also left the series to present spin-off It Takes Two, after reaching the 2020 final with pop singer HRVY.

Metro.co.uk has reached out to Aljaž Škorjanec’s reps for comment.

Strictly Come Dancing will return to BBC One later this year.

Publisher

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Posts